[dropcap]F[/dropcap]or many men, finding a barber is a challenge, what is the true difference between a barber and a hair stylist? If you want the dictionary definition, a barber is someone who is trained in shorter haircuts, and their training is geared almost exclusively towards men.
They are good at:
● The simple, classic cuts you would receive at a barber shop take little to maintain, no expensive styling products, and the look is timeless and flattering.
● Camaraderie – men go to barber shops for the atmosphere as much as women go to a day spa for the pampering – it’s a comfortable, laid back atmosphere.
● Do a hot lather face shave – something new stylists are trained to do. A wonderful experience – well worth having done.
● Maintaining facial hair – you can get your beard or moustache trimmed by a barber where a stylist is not well versed in this particular field.
Perhaps they are the most pure barber shop in Shanghai
Gentlemen’s world – DOC GUTHRIE’S
● Anna Elliott is the head barber/ co-owner and from Scotland. She trained in New York and has been barbering for 10 years.
● Ricky is from Jiangsu, has been barbering for 23 years. Is a really old school Chinese barber. He’s been with us since the beginning 2 years ago.
● Jerry has been barbering for 8 years. An old friend of Anna’s and been with us a few months.
● Daniel has been with us a couple of months and been barbering for 6 years.
We get all sorts of people in Doc’s. Every body from students to CEOs. People come in on the subway or in their Ferrari. It’s really what a barber shop should be. Equal and welcoming to everyone. We don’t have a VIP room. You sit with everyone. We’ve literally had some of the richest people in Shanghai sitting beside a student. Everyone gets treated the same.
We only do men’s hair, so we specialise in that. We do the best cuts for men, quickly, and consistently. Our barbers build a relationship with our customers, after a couple of visits we can do their hair without asking what they want. We can also advise them on the latest masculine styles if they want a change… sometimes we’ll even suggest a change for them.
Doc Guthrie’s Barber Shop
—— 别怪我没告诉你 ● 传统的Barshop，只接待男生哦; ● 生意很好，提前一周预约哦 ; ● 开门营业时间平时和周末不同，不要搞错哦.